I have made a lifelong commitment to the study and respect of herbs as allies, teachers, and medicine. I live on a small family farm in rural Alabama, on the northern brow of Sand Mountain overlooking the beautiful Tennessee River. I am a happily married mother to three daughters and homeschooler of two. I love to travel with my family, garden, and grow medicinal herbs. I practice ethical local wildcrafting, always mindful to take only what I need and only when there is an abundance.
I am currently working on preparing my land for application to the United Plant Savers’ Botanical Sanctuary Network.
I opened my first herbal business, Herbaluna, in 2007 and operated an online and local retail shop selling handcrafted natural products including organic body care and herbal medicine. I officially closed Herbaluna in 2010 after the birth of my third daughter.
In 2013 I joined two lifelong friends and opened Red Barn Herb Farms LLC, an aquaponic greenhouse, retail herb shop and farm in Flat Rock, AL. In August of 2019 I officially left Red Barn to focus on furthering my education and to pursue my own interests.
I practice in the Wise Woman Tradition, seeking health through individual wholeness, honoring the natural cycles of the body and seasons, simple living, and working with readily accessible, local plants when possible. I frequently offer local classes and workshops and have recently begun taking appointments for private consultations.
Holistic Philosophy – characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
Holistic Medicine – characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of a disease.
I am not a doctor. My goal is to gently guide and assist you in your journey to holistic wellbeing, without judgment or preconceived notions. Taking into consideration current health concerns, diet and lifestyle, overall state of mind, personal elemental constitution and many other important factors, we will work together to formulate a natural health plan that works for you. I offer personalized assistance with herbal medicine, diet and healthy cooking, nutritional supplement recommendations, lifestyle modifications, meditation and mindfulness practices, sound therapy, forest bathing exercises, and more. I have several clients who only book consultations with me to talk, because sometimes the best medicine is simply being heard, and that is perfectly acceptable as well.
- Herbal Practitioner Certificate, Phyllis Light, Appalachian Center for Natural Health, Arab, AL (November 2020)
- Community Herbalist Certificate, Phyllis Light, Appalachian Center for Natural Health, Arab, AL (November 2019)
- Intuitive Plant Medicine, Asia Suler (2018)
- Herbal Energetics, Alchemy of Herbs test panel (2017)
- Susun Weed Correspondence Courses: ABC of Herbalism, Spirit & Practice of the Wise Woman Tradition, Green Allies (Certificates, 2007-2010)
- Shamana Flora – The Everyday Sacred (2008)
- American College of Healthcare Sciences (Herbal Studies, 2003-2007)
- Dozens of local and regional herbal classes and workshops and regular attendance at the annual Southeast Women’s Herbal Conference (vendor), and the Midsouth Women’s Herbal Conference (leadership team).
- Online Forum Administrator (website, Facebook group), Southeast Wise Women (2009-2019)
- Hundreds of hours of self study.